Client: Unilever (Malaysia) Holdings Sdn Bhd
Project Title: Design & Build Services For Unilever (Malaysia) Holdings Sdn Bhd
Location: The Vertical, Kuala Lumpur
Total size: 25,384 sq ft
Completion: April 2022
Project & Construction Management
The new Unilever Office in Kuala Lumpur is a vibrant, productive & collaborative workspace. A great emphasis was placed on sustainability using materials and construction methods to deliver an environmentally friendly solution. The design puts the priority on the occupants well-being…whilst at the same time having a lower load on the environment.
A ‘people-centred’ environment with a wide variety of work spaces supporting the spirit of community, collaboration, engagement and agility. As you walk through the space brand stories are delivered via large corporate visuals, signage, mural art and digital communications. All community spaces are well connected to encourage interaction and embrace diversity.
Unilever don’t like to call it work, they call it ‘Unihome’.
Among the key principles adopted include:
- Connection to nature.
- High efficiency and good quality of lighting.
- Views to surrounding landscape.
- User controllability – thermal comfort and illumination.
- Providing clean air.
- Promoting healthy eating.
- Providing convenient, easily accessible clean drinking water.
- Promoting movement & physical activity.
- Providing good ergonomics.